Time to Learn

A young but earnest Zen student approached his teacher, and asked the Zen Master:

"If I work very hard and diligently how long will it take me to find Zen."
The Master thought about this, then replied, "Ten years."
The student then said, "But what if I work very, very hard and really apply myself to learn fast. How long then?"
Replied the Master, "Well, twenty years."
"But, if I really, really work at it, how long then?" asked the student.
"Thirty years," replied the Master.
"But, I do not understand," said the disappointed student. "At each time that I say I will work harder, you say it will take me longer. Why do you say that?"
Replied the Master: "When you have one eye on the goal, you only have one eye on the path."

Moral: You can't learn quicker by trying harder.


Sursa: http://www.managetrainlearn.com/