The First Hour

Why The First Hour Is The Key To Your Success

There's a key to mastery and success. And the key to this door, is open to everyone if they follow a very simple piece of advice. If you want to achieve mastery, here's the secret that superstars use to get to superstardom--and then stay there.


It's called the first hour of the day

Imagine you wake up at 11am. What's the first hour of the day? Why 11-12 right? And if you wake up at 4am, then what's the first hour? Again, it's 4-5am. What you do in this first hour of the day, will determine if you're a success or not.


So if you want to write a book

What do you do in the first hour of the day? You write. It doesn't matter how much you write, or the quality of your writing. You simply write. At first, this core discipline will drive you nuts.
You'll want to reach for your coffee. You'll want to read the newspaper. See the news. Do anything but write. Yes, you can go ahead and have the coffee, but drop all other distractions. And put the first hour of the day to do the what you really want to be; and where you want to go.


Some days you can write

Some days you can read about the techniques to write better and faster. Some days, you may want to listen to an audio on writing.
As long as you stay focused on getting the first hour of solid work done, you'll get better and better. Till one day, you'll really hit your stride. When you do what you do for 300+ hours a year, you'll get so much in front of everyone else, that you'll be amazed with your own progress.
Try it. Dedicate the first hour of the day to your craft.
Too many of us are keen to learn the tricks of the trade. Learn the trade instead!


Personal Experience

I wake up each morning and I write. Or read. Or exercise and listen to learning audio. If you were to pass my house at 4am in the morning, you'd get the strong smell of Colombian coffee, and hear the pitter patter of my laptop. That's if I'm not huffing and puffing away doing my exercise. I was like
everyone else.
I too knew little or nothing about my trade. I simply ran my business, and then one day I learned this secret of mastery.
But hey, you don't have to wake up at 4am. You can wake up at 11am.
Just make sure the first hour of your day is dedicated to you and your trade!


Sursa: http://www.psychotactics.com/artmastery